Roulette is a great game all the way through. Even though new players might say that roulette is just a guessing game, anyone who has played it before knows that it is much more.
The bets you can make are one of the most interesting parts of roulette. You can bet however you want on the roulette table, in addition to the standard betting options, and this could lead to some very interesting roulette bet combinations.
Combining bets in roulette takes some skill and practice, but it can help you learn the game better in the long run.
Why Combine Bets
Roulette can only have one winning number, which doesn’t give you very good odds, especially if you play at an American table. But if you combine different roulette bets, you can make a kind of safety net by balancing high-risk bets with low-risk ones.
Bet combinations can cover multiple table positions at once with a slightly lower chance of hitting diminishing returns. This can slightly increase your chances of making small profits in the long run. This method can never guarantee a win and doesn’t consider losing streaks. However, combining bets might make for some fun spins in a game where your chances of winning are already pretty low.
The James Bond Betting Strategy
The James Bond betting system is one of the most widely used betting systems to date (almost as popular as Mr 007 himself). If you used this system, you would cover 25 numbers on the wheel and leave out 12.
To use this system, you’d need 20 of the following:
- Set 14 items to High (numbers range from 19-36). This is a long shot that evens out (1:1).
- Put five units on a Six-line, which is 13–18 and pays out 5:1 if you win.
- Put the last unit on the single zero, which pays 35:1 if it hits. You shouldn’t play on an American table, but if you have to, you can split the last unit on 0-00.
With the James Bond system, you would cover about 67% of the playing field, which is a good chance of winning. Remember that your bet could still lose if the ball lands on any number between one and twelve.
The 3/2 System
The 3/2 strategy is a mix of betting on Red/Black and betting on a column. The 3/2 system is a non-progressive strategy, like the James Bond strategy, which means that your bet does not go up as you play. The strategy involves placing two bets on each spin, and it can work in two ways:
- Three units on red and two on the second column, which has a lot of blacks.
- Putting three units on black and two on the third column, which has a lot of red.
You can cover 26 numbers this way, which is between 68 and 70 percent, depending on which table you play. If this strategy sounds good, you might also want to look into the 2:1 Columns bet combination.
If you don’t like any of the above betting systems, you can start slowly by making one of the standard combination bets. You have a lot more options than those listed below, but here are a few:
- Voisins du Zero: Covers 17 numbers that lie between 22 and 25.
- Tiers du Cylindre: These are the 12 numbers between 27 and 33 on the other side of the wheel.
- 1st Dozen/ 2nd Dozen/ 3rd Dozen: You can cover the first, second, or third set of 12 numbers.
Try These Roulette Tables
- Lightning Roulette: If you like fast-paced and exciting games, Lightning Roulette is the one for you. If you bet and win on a number that has a lightning multiplier, this roulette table gives you the chance to get paid out more than once.
- Immersive Roulette: Immersive Roulette is as close as possible to a real casino experience. This roulette table has high-tech features like different camera angles and slow-motion playback. Get close to all the action and enjoy it!
- Lotto Roulette: If you want to play roulette at a table that is different from what you usually do, try Lotto Roulette! Enjoy great roulette games with a Live Draw twist that is up-to-date.
Tuah bin Razak
Tuah is an experienced writer and casino enthusiast with 12 years of industry knowledge. With a degree in Journalism, he delivers objective and comprehensive casino reviews, covering game variety, user experience, security, and customer support. From slots to blackjack, roulette to poker, Tuah's expertise guides both beginners and experienced players in making informed decisions. Expect engaging articles providing valuable insights for an enhanced online gambling experience.